Commonwealth Education Hub, ran a three weeks eDiscussion during May2016, on the topic “Quality Standards in Education”, in which 750 people from across 11 countries in the Commonwealth area participated and shared their views. The key summary points of the discussion are:
- Quality in education has yet to be defined.
- The relevance of education with each context must be understood.
- Education has multiple purposes.
- Education must prepare people “beyond the qualification”.
- There needs to be a distinction between quality inputs, process and outputs.
- Education must develop productive and participatory citizens.
You can read the full report at https://www.thecommonwealth-educationhub.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Quality-Standards-in-Education-Summary-June-2016.pdf.